Monday, July 11, 2016

Giving is receiving the better.

Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek for the profit which increases to your account. (Philippians 4:17 NASB)
Moments after learning to do the "impossible" and be content in all situations (vv12-13), Paul drop's this bombshell that value of the gift the believers of Philippi sent for themselves as the givers meant more to him than the gift itself.
Just some rambling thoughts on the value of giving: If God is love (1John 1:8), His love is epitomized by giving (John 3:16), and our identifying characteristic as Christ's follower is our love for one another (John 13:35) and is it even possible to be a follower of God and NOT a giver? Can I rejoice with the giver or am I too focused on me when I receive?

No comments:

Post a Comment