Thursday, June 30, 2016

In and out

He is the door. He is the Good Shepard. I'm only a grateful sheep. It's none of me all of Him.

From the ODB passage, that's my take away. But I've been wrestling with another thought today.

The challenge I have been confronted with repeatedly is to take my own advice. In my role of technical support I found myself reminding a caller of the age old "GIGO" principle. Though it pre-dates the computer age by a few millenia, it was from early computer programmers that I first heard it called "Garbage In; Garbage Out." The caller expressed disappointment at the output of the program on their computer and I had to remind them that the program can only return what has been put into it.

Okay, Andy. Listen to yourself. So you don't like the outcome? Review what you are putting in:
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:8-9 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment